my son is 4 months old and i stop breastfeeding about 3 months ago how can i get my milk back???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he'll nurse, then let him. That alone will help increase supply. Pump, with a good pump every 2-3 hrs around the clock for stimulation, and that milk can be fed to baby via SNS when necessary. You can, and should also give any supplements at the breast, via a supplemental nursing system. If these basics don't start to help, let us know, as we can advise you further. Kudos for a great choice.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I'm not sure that you can...I doubt it after this amount of time unless you get medication.. I think it's called Domperidone?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• It's 100 percent possible..even without medication. Google relactation. And follow the suggestions given by the first poster.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yes it is possible. The more you breastfeed and pump the more you will produce milk. The easiest way to do it is to start breastfeeding with an at breast supplementer

I'm currently breastfeeding my adopted baby, so I KNOW you can do it :-)

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• cool I learned something new today!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2010