What's a good home remedy for sore throat due to sinus drainage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Health

• Hot tea with honey and lemon.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Well first of all, you need to clear up the sinus infection, of course! Anyway, a good remedy for sore throat is to gargle with an alka seltzer before going to bed. Works like a charm for me!
    Anonymous

• Neti pot
    Anonymous

• gargle things!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You could try and gargle with salt water too. I like hot toddys (not sure of spelling) they are quite soothing for a sore throat. Hope you feel better.
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Neti pot-- wash the crud out. Do it 2x daily and you'll never get a sore throat again.

Gargle with salt water.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• We make a "snot shot" - sounds gross but helps alot w/ sore throats. 1T honey and 1T lemon juice, warmed up and mixed together in a shot glass, then toss the whole thing back. Sometimes we follow up with another spoonful of honey to coat the throat and kill germs. We're all about the homeopathic here because I'm too cheap to go to a drugstore :-)

Tea is always good also, just try to drink decaffinated or you'll dehydrate yourself which will make your sinuses lock up.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• My grandmother always said pineapple juice worked best for sore throats! It totally does...the acid does something to soothe it, I believe...give it a try...
    jennblayne

Answer by jennblayne at 6:30 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I gargle with antibacterial mouthwash.  I swear by it!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• 1 tbsp honey mixed with a tsp of cinnamon. It really helps!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2010