when do they do all the good stuff?lol

ok so im 5 weeks and 2 days preg by time i get to see the doc i will be about 8-9 weeks!so when will they try to listen to the heart and do a sono?and im high risk so will they try sooner then a normal pregnancy??

and isnt about 30 weeks the best time to get a 3d sono?

twitch

Asked by twitch at 9:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They'll probably do your first ultrasound at your appointment, or at least set up an appointment for one shortly afterward. You should be able to hear/see the heartbeat on the ultrasound, but a doppler won't pick it up until about 12 weeks, so they'll start doing that at every visit around that time.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• thanks i didnt think i was going to get an answer!i can wait!its kinda like i want proof that its there and growing lol!i had a mc a few months back so im scared lol.and with my daughter the doc sucked and they only did one sono and the was at 20 weeks!and i couldnt remember when they started checking the heart
    twitch

Answer by twitch at 10:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I had an US the first appointment. I was about 10 weeks. We heard the heartbeat and got a picture! Then, because I fell, I had another US at 16 weeks. Then another one at 20, which is when my doc normally does them. I had another US at 24 weeks because the doc was concerned about movement. Every appointment I heard his heart using the doppler thingy. I would've had another one at 37 weeks because they were concerned about some things. But I had him at 36 weeks.

I believe the higher the risk you are the more US they will offer. But I have no idea how often that will be.

Good luck and congrats!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• i didnt even know i was prego until 8 weeks. i was still getting my "period" i went and had routine blood work done and they called and said your pregnant. they set an appt for the fallowing monday. they did a vag. ultrasound and moniterd the baby. but because i was high risk i must have had 20+ ultrasounds through out my pregnancy. they'll prolly do one at ur appt if not they'll set it up to have one done. congrats mama!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• thanks everyone!i hope they do im so worried cause iv had some cramping so i want to SEE that everything is fine!
    twitch

Answer by twitch at 7:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2010