what to do? need advice

my son recieved a party invite from a girl at school today to go bowling in 2 weeks...and my brother and his kids had planned on coming down for past month..his wfe emailed me and we set up a time for them to come down her daughter has been wanting to see my son for sometime now...i think family is more important. he can see his friend at school everyday but his cousin about every few months they live 5 hrs away and with their jobs and our jobs its hard to find time to visit... the party between 2 and 4 pm and thats when we planned for my brother to come down and they can only visit from that time cause they have to see my parents also and they live in another town. should i keep him home from the party?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would keep him home from the party, family is more important. There will be plenty more parties for him to attend.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• yep, family is more important.
    Anonymous

• yes, keep him with the family and Im sure her and her family would be understanding why he didnt attend
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 10:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I guess I'd try and find a way to think outside the box a little. I'd hate for my son to possibly mope around or not ENJOY the family time, wishing he was at the party instead

see about him taking that girl and a couple other friends to a movie or mini golf the next day or something....
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• How old is he? If he's in elementary school - I'd say keep him home. But any older than that and you risk a very sullen boy at home wanting to be with his friends at the bowling alley. JMO.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2010