Advice please, emotional health, mental health

What happens when you don't know who you are?

I feel like I lost myself assuming I knew myself before, I have always felt this way. I have always struggled with me.

Sometimes I don't even know if what I am saying or feeling is real or a delusion I have created in my own mind. Yesterday I told my husband "my life is shit and he makes me feel this way" after I didn't even know if I meant it or not. I feel like I am getting worse and the hate I have for myself some days is insane, I have even been smacking myself when really mad and feel like there is no hope, no turning back, I just don't know what else to do. I feel like I should see some one but I really don't know what it would do for me or how. Most days I am good but rarely smile and I try to keep busy, and some days I just don't even want to spend time doing anything. I know it sounds crazy and if you knew me you would not even guess I felt like this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Health

• My first option is that you really need the Lord. You also seem like you need a friend (a praying one). I think as well that talking to a professional would help you. You might be surprised how it could help just to talk to someone within insite.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I experienced post-partum depression and this all sounds very familiar to that time in my life.

A visit with my family doctor and getting a whole treatment plan in place made a world of difference. There's nothing wrong with needing treatments, the chemicals in our bodies sometimes betray us is all.
    Anonymous

• hugs  I would see someone anyway. That's why they are the professionals. If you knew what they would do for you, you could do it yourself. There are free counselors with some churches and those who can prescribe medication. Perhaps a combination of the two would be best until you figure out what is going on with you. Therapy really can and does work wonders if you put your whole self into it. Good luck hun, and God bless you and your family. I hope you get through it.

ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• @ my2kids312 Thank you! I have read the bible and do all the time, I know much about scripture but I do not go to church. I hold Catholic beliefs and study about history, religion and christian history. I am very interested and find myself obsessing over it many days until I am mentally tired. I do not however pray much and when I do it just feels empty. The more I study and pray the more my life is turned upside down so it seems to me. My husband does not agree and actually talks about christians like it is a bad thing so I do not feel free to express my beliefs and have been persecuted for them so I keep my mouth shut. I fear disagreeing with him and I have always denied my beliefs or not showed them. Most of the time I don't even know what to believe it is all so difficult and I don't see how God could allow it to be this way if he wants us to know him.

What should I do?
    Anonymous

• leave him and get yourself sorted out
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• go find your doctor...you can find the Lord later he'll wait....
    Anonymous

• It is very easy to lose yourself in marriage. Do you attend church? Do you work outside the home? Do you have any hobbies or group activities that you do without your husband & family? You need to get out of the house. Can you take a mini vacation by yourself? Volunteer somewhere? You need to find something that is just for you.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:02 AM on Feb. 26, 2010