laundry soap, does anyone else over use?

I am obsessed with my clothes/towels smelling very nice and very clean. The only way I've found to do so is by putting in 2 sometimes 3x the normal amount of laundry soap.... and 4 or 5 drier sheets is a bare min.

Surely I am not the ONLY one??

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 10:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Umm, I think I probably do!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 10:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• nope, I don't do that. I don't like detergent residue on my clothes when I wear them.
    Anonymous

• Be careful w/ those dryer sheets. There is a wax that melts and releases the softener and that can get caught on your filter. Run your filter under water, if the water doesn't flow freely through the filter, scrub it w/ soap and water. It can cause your dryer element to overheat and ruin your dryer.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I don't do that either. I couldn't stand that much soap on my clothes
    Anonymous

• I don't either. Our water is very soft. I use less than the amount called for, and only use a fresh dryer sheet maybe once a week. Maybe instead of so much extra detergent you could add baking soda or Borax?

Answer by Bmat at 10:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• No, I don't like the stiff towels and clothes from all the soap residue. A cheaper and more effective way to get your things smelling good is to put a fabric softener sheet in your dresser drawers and linen closet shelves. Change them every so often.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Our water is extremely soft, so I use 1/3 of the recommended amount of detergent. I also use liquid softener rather than dryer sheets because of skin issues with the residue of dryer sheets.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:10 AM on Feb. 26, 2010