Normal for a 4 year old?

She had a Dr appt today, just for a check up. The Dr asked her to draw a person, but gave her the paper landscape way, not portrait. My 4 year old drew the person sideways....head to the left....then the body, arms and legs as they should be on the body she drew, even her eyes and smile were sideways on the page, so that when you would turn the paper portrait way it all was right.

I just thought it was very interesting, the Dr said she never saw a child do that.

Does it mean anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• WOW!!!!!!!!!! that is so so cool! I take it as a "thinking outside the box" attitude, very clever/sharp.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• sounds creative she got the same result as turning the paper but drew it in a more difficult way.
    Anonymous

• I think it's very intelligent as far as spacial recognition goes. as if she realized people are taller than they are wide so she fit it on the paper that way.
    Anonymous

• I work in a peds office - we have kids do that at age 4 - I have never seen a kid do that either - but I think its kinda cool :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2010