Prison wives - would you wait?

I was watching Prison wives on tv. The woman married her husband after he was convicted of murder. So would you stick by your hubby if he was going away for life for a violent crime? I think I probably would....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• It depends on the crime, but generally speaking, yes. If I loved him enough to marry him, I would wait.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• No way, I'd be afraid of anyone who could murder another person.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Helll no. And I doubt I would ever meet anyone who would be capable of committing a crime.
    Anonymous

• if i loved him i would... my mom did for my dad...not life but a long time
    JoshysMommy8809

Answer by JoshysMommy8809 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Small petty crimes, maybe, something like murder, rape, or anything like that hell no! He'd have divorce papers before his first night in his cell.
    Anonymous

• I would never marry someone AFTER they were put in prison, but I think it would depend on the circumstances on whether or not I waited for him. For example, if we found out that someone had sexually abused our children and he killed that person, then yes I would wait.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• First let me say that there is no way I could imagine my dh doing anything like this, BUT - hypothetically speaking, this is what I think I would do...

If I believed that my dh was innocent, I would certainly stand by him. If I believed he was guilty, I think it would depend on what he did. If it were a crime like rape or molesting a child, sorry - that would be the end. If it was a crime of passion, or something that he did that was an accident but now he has to go to jail (say, involuntary manslaughter), then I would wait.

Other crimes, I think it would be hard, and there would have to be a lot of counseling and soul searching and praying to help me make the right choices, because I honestly don't know what I would do. It wouldn't be the separation that would be the issue, I deal with that during deployments. The issue would be dealing with the person he is / who I thought he was, and coming to terms with the crime.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• im with worriedmommy...if i was already married, and something happened, depending on what of course, i would wait. but i wouldnt marry someone who was already in prision.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Depends on the situation. If he murdered say someone for molesting a loved one etc, then hell yes, I would stick by him. We have children together. If he say, just went nuts on some killing spree, then buh bye!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:19 AM on Feb. 26, 2010