Trying to Introduce the concept of a baby brother/sister to my 2 year old

I have a little girl who will be 2 on March 20 and my husband and I are expecting our second child, due July 26th. My daughter has been having these fits lately especially over me, and sometimes where she just WONT go to bed, but is fine when she is with me. She even got mad when she saw her daddy in the bed one morning because normally he leaves for work around 2:30 AM (he is a breadman) and he was off that day so he was still there. And she is a major daddy's girl. i am thinking she is noticing/sensing something is going on.
Besides all of that, i really want to introduce the concept of a brother or sister to her. Does anyone know of any good books for a 2 year old to help with this? Looking for some recommendations. :)

MamaHardy2008

Asked by MamaHardy2008 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try to include her as much as you can. Give her little jobs to do (stacking diapers on the changing table, etc.). Make her feel important and that she's really a part of what's going on. As far as books, you might try "Julius, The Baby of the World"--it's really cute. =)
    RobynS

Answer by RobynS at 7:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I think playing with a baby doll with her would be a good start. Show her how to care for and treat a baby. If you have friends or relatives with babies let her spend some time around them. Just keep talking to her about it - repetion helps a lot with most concepts.
    Anonymous

• "you're gonna have a new play mate so you won't have to play alone"
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• We have been playing with dolls for a while now and we talk about it- i just want to find a really good book for two year olds :) Anyone know of any?
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2010