Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i just found out...Honestly would you call CPS or the police? or would you stay out of it? (i live in a diff state then they do)

My 22 year old male cousin molested his own neice since she was 6 til she was 12 year old. (She is now 14) she just told her mother everything! She said she remembers waking up a few yrs ago to him giving her oral sex!!! I'm disgusted and can't believe I have a blood cousin that would do something like that. The mother of the 14 year old is conlicted with emotion on what to do because it was her own blood brother that did this to her DD. She wants to press charges but her mother (my aunt) is trying to talk her out of it. This is unbelievable!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (17)
  • Honestly, I WOULD CALL!!! Family or not this man deserves to be behind bars.

    Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

  • I would call CPS even if I lived in a different state. My biological father is a child molester and my mom never reported it because she was afraid the state would take us away. She divorced him when she found out and kept us away from him. But I always worry about other kids he is around. Please report it, That girl needs an advocate and if her mom won't do it, someone needs to.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

  • Well, it's f*cking sick that the mother is even hesitating. YES, CALL! That is disgusting and disturbing and just so awful! Please call...........poor little girl, my God. How awful that her innocence has been stolen this way.

    Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

  • I would have no problem putting a family member behind bars for that sort of criminal and repulsive behavior. I wouldn't give your aunt any more time to wear the girl's mother down and call the authorities immediately. I don't know if there are any statuates of limitiations, and honestly, you don't need to waste any more time. Every day he is free, the more chance he has to do this to someone else or to escalate to worse violence. From experience, I had a cousin who went to jail for molesting and raping young girls. He was a minor as the time and was released as an adult. He later went on a serial raping spree against women. Take this situation seriously and do what is best for the child and the general public.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

  • Definately call. I was molested and I never pressed charges on my cousin. I wish that I had, but I really had a hard time because family is hard. No one tried to talk me out of it. I didnt tell my mom till I was 17 and it stopped when I was 16. You can help your cousin. Call and notify them of the situation.

    Answer by aly38914290 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

  • I think you should confront him and ask what he would do if she were his daughter or mother and that he believes if delivered personally to the police or the let you take action on the matter. They must also take account of these things there are times that some girl say they have been abuse and is not true evaluate the case well before putting him behind bars its difficult because there are times that these girls do this for attention or something else. You should also take action on whatever fast.

    Answer by MommyOfJayden23 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

  • OP here: they asked him if it was true and he said "I forgot about all of that stuff, I didn't think she'd remember either because its been so long. I'm a different person now, I'm a born again christian."

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

  • OMG, OP, child molesters are NOT rehabilitatable. They have a HUGE reoffense percentile. If he is allowed to be free, he will do it again, period. Do you know how many child molesters are born again christains? Phil Garrido is a born again christian!

    Answer by Ati_13 at 12:12 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

  • Oh yes I would call right now that is mortifying

    Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 12:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

  • Please call, do not confront him. DO NOT CONFRONT HIM. Let the police and the investigators confront him. Please, please, please call and denounce him. Even if he is a born again christian he still have to pay for his sins.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.