Should I be worried?

I am 21 weeks and I am not feeling my baby move yet.....I have 2 friends who aren't as far along as me who are already feeling. This is my first child and some people tell me its normal not to feel yet and some say i should worry..Your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• try relaxing and laying on your left side for 10 mins. and just concentrate on your baby and your body. do that on and off for about an hour. if you still dont feel anything id make an appt just to check up on the baby but im sure everything is fine..by 21 weeks my son i swear was doing flips lol..when i would try to sleep and he'd be up. just relax.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I didn't feel my son move at all for 9 months. At ever appointment though, he was just fine. He was moving around, and kicking when I was moving around cleaning or something, and I never felt him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It's totally normal for a first time mom not to feel baby until as late as 24 weeks. Don't worry, mamma :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Oh, meant to add, that the position of your placenta can make a huge difference in how you feel baby. If your placenta is right in front of your belly, you won't feel baby nearly as much. Like I said, don't worry :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:23 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• With my first I started feeling the tickles about 14 wks in & strong kicks started about 18. But with this one I'm 20 wks and just now getting strong kicks. My DR said just like every pregnancy is different every baby is different & sometimes you just get a baby that likes to relax. I know that this baby is a night owl and likes to move more at night... so I like to stay up a little late to feel it. Like another mom said, lay on your left side for a bit and relax you might feel something. =) Congrats on baby
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 12:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Drink a some orange juice...gets babies going.
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 3:53 AM on Feb. 26, 2010