Just e-filed my taxes...what was your wait time?

I opted for direct deposit, I know in past years it has taken 7-15 days, some years they are faster than others. So what seems to be the average wait time this year? are they processing quickly or taking their time?

It is all going to bills no fun money this year but the sooner the better I say!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• The IRS has a Wednesday cut off filing time for direct deposits. If you file by midnight on Wed, you get your money a week from Friday. Since you filed on Thursday, it counts as if you had filed next wednesday, so you'll get your money two weeks from today. The state return is usually faster - we live in OH and you can file online for free, we get our money from the state w/in a week (woo-hoo! Eleven whole dollars! Let's pay off the house).
    Hope this helps.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:29 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• 10-14 days if you did turbo tax
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:00 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Also, you can go to irs.gov and check the status of your return in about a week - you need your SSN, filing status, and the dollar amount of your return. They'll tell you when to expect your money - we've been efiling our own taxes for years and they are always spot on with the time frame.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:31 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I think ours took about 2.5 weeks to go through... maybe 3?
    Anonymous

• It's early. Shouldn't take more than 2 weeks.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2010