UGH, my son won't listen to my dad and he's my only babysitter when i go to school! HELPPP!

My dad is somewhat disabled (he has a prosthetic leg), and he watches my son for me on thursday nights when i go to school. EVERY SINGLE THURSDAY i get home from school the house is a complete DISASTER (and im talking every single one of his toys on the floor) and i ask my dad what happened and he said cameron doesn't listen to him. my dad gets sooo frustrated with my son. i don't know what else to do. i've tried telling him he will get punished if he doesn't listen to papa, i've tried telling him he'll get a present if he's good for papa. nothing works!!! And i think he doesn't listen to my dad because he knows my dad can't get up and run after him as fast as i can. I need some help ladies!! ANY suggestions will help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• been there.... seriously. My Mom has lymphedema of the legs and some days they're grossly swollen making chasing after kids either painful or nearly impossible. Yet sometimes I do need her to babysit...... it's not a BEHAVIOR remedy, per se but what I've come up with is making their time together something super special, to be looked forward to. that way, if there's misbehavior, perhaps grandma wont WANT to play with ya next time

Invest in a few special games and/or special toys that ONLY come out when grandpa is there..... consider netflix, movie rentals, etc and turn grandpa night into a popcorn & movie fun night. anything they can be interactive together, bonding, creative, fun is key... they'll gain a mutual respect that way. and something where grandpa doesnt have to run around. sitting down making home made pizza or cookies. putting photos in a photo album maybe?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2010