Why do the woman from the church by my house all wear long skirts and have long hair??

It's a christian church but i don't know anyone who is part of that church. I always see the women (and teenagers) walking there in long skirts (at their ankles) and they generally have long hair. Is there somewhere in the bible where they are interpreting that women are required to dress this way?? No bashing plez :)

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 1:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It sounds like the Light house church, I dont know much about it. I have a friend who has family that attends and they all wear skirts and have long hair, none of her cousins have ever had a haircut because of their beliefs.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:57 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I went to a pentecostal church for a short period, and they wore their hair long, cutting it was considered an abomination...a womans hair is supposed to be 'her glory'. Skirts were not to be worn above the knee and blouses were not to be worn above the elbow, pants were not to be worn because they "show everything" the woman is not supposed to cause her brother to sin by making him lust after her ..(somehow that sin would be her fault)...anyway, that's how I understood it, it was just their interpretation of holiness..
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 2:33 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• You should ask them next time you see them what their faith is. Do they wear their hear down, or in a bun?
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 3:54 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Sounds like Seventh Day Adventist, the more conservative ones.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:19 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i went to a penocostal church and accordign to the pasture there the bible says that wemon shall not cut there hear and shall not wear make up. He says that the girls should wear long shirts and long sleeves so no skin is showing so that no man is tempted to do anything before mirrage
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• "Sounds like Seventh Day Adventist, the more conservative ones. "

I agree with this.
    I guess it could also be JWs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I used to live near a Baptist church that dressed like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It could be any number of different religions. Why not drive by and check the sign?

I have seen Baptists, SDA's, JW's, Mormons, non-denominational Christians, Nazarene's, and Pentecostals all dress this way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• JWs are not required to dress any certain way accept "modestly" they can wear what they want and have no rules about hair length... Just wanted to clear that up...

If I were you, I would simply ask them. Chances are they would be more than willing to share their views and beliefs. I think that would be an awesome way to live... My skirts all hit the floor, I don't like then to even hit my ankles. And I hate to cut my hair... It would be nice to have an excuse. lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Yes, JW's cut their hair, wear pants, makeup etc...so do Baptists, Mormons, Christians..anon 48: is way off base.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2010