water ?

I know your suppose to drink so much water in a day and all that jazz. But i'm curious, if you use those flavor packets, kool-aid, crystal light, whatever it may be, does that still work? its the same amount of water, just had some powder added. I just ask cuz i've never been a big one for water. I can't stand the taste, or lack there of. any input?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That crap is bad for you...full of sugar, preservatives, additives...water is better...not what you wanted to hear, I know...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• don't use kool aid....crystal light is fine though....go ahead and add a little crystal light....the amount of sugar is minimal and no harm to the body...the only preservative is the fact that its a dehydrated powder which can't perish....if you can't drink straight water you'll be fine with crystal light, juice, and milk which all contain water...just go for low sodium
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:32 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• oh and for the record if foods and beverages didn't contain preservative they would perish within a day or two...sugar in moderation does no harm to the body unless you're intolerant...and as for additives, thats just a word ppl use to make something sound unhealthy when in reality its fine for you...adding steak sauce to a steak is an additive technically...does that make it harmful....of course not
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I used to throw a slice of lemon or lime into my water because I didn't like it just *plain*... eventually I got to the point where I craved just plain old water! We drink gallons of iced tea and lemonade at my house but I just drink water in a pretty glass with ice at mealtimes. Or coffee. gotta have my coffee. but I can't stand soda.

Try drinking it out of a wineglass or water goblet at mealtimes with a slice of lemon - you'll feel oh-la-la oh so pretty :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:24 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Try drinking out of a measuring cup...lol that way like this you can keep track on how many ounces you are drinking...just a thought :/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Alliishott2 doesn't know what she's talking about, I warn against heeding her advice. Sugar DOES harm the body. Even a tablespoon wreaks havoc on the immune system. However, Crystal Light doesn't contain sugar. It contains an artificial sweetener. Those are much, much worse than sugar. Also, additives and preservatives are harmful. And there are foods without them. I can go shopping at Walmart (of all places) and find even canned foods with articifial additives and artificial preservatives. Anyway, you can add a lemon like a PP said, and I've even found that lime added to water is good! Try these first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Ok, if sugar wreaks havoc on the immune system, then explain all the people who eat sugar and live to be 90? Get a grip lady!
    Anonymous