Has anyone read the Twilight books?

I've been thinking about buying them did anyone like or dislike them and why? I did see the two movies and parts were a little cheesey but I still like them are they like the movie? If anyone knows I would appreciate the feed back thank you.

Ariela21

Asked by Ariela21 at 2:44 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Entertainment

• I read them at the urging of my sis, and trust me they are all cheesey and the girl is a whiny childish and ungrateful brat. I was so annoyed after those books. I know I am going to get bashed for this, but it is my opinion hat i syou are a serious reader, and enjoy well written books not a load of sappy whining you will not enjoy these books. OTOH my sister loves then (she is 14)
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 2:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• AWESOME LOLA RAE!!! Finally SOMEONE Who agrees with me lol! I read them because my friends knowing i am a vampire geek kept telling me how these were the BEST EVER, Uhhhhh No sorry they are great if your 14, 15 but otherwise give me my anita blake, give me lestat, give me real vampires with depth, history, and some mystery, I want sexy vampires who look old enough to be sexy, AND FOR HEAVENS SAKE VAMPIRES SHOULDNT SPARKLE THEY ARE NOT FAIRIES!
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:12 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It was a fun quick read...cute in some parts and dorky in others but I liked them......Lol A SERIOUS READER....what does that mean? SOunds like the person above me is preparing for war..
    They were teenybopper fun ones.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• My 14 year old talked her grandmother into reading them. The grandmother told me that she thought the fourth book was inappropriate for my daughter, so I decided to read the books mainly to see if my daughter was lying to me, which I decided she wasn't.

I really enjoyed the books. I'd seen both movies before reading the books, and after reading the books I'm some what disappointed in the movies. There is soooo much more to the story then what the movies show. It's not an overly intellectual read, but it is a fun and exciting story.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• maybe I worded that wrong... but I guess what I am trying to say is I have only ever seen 14-16 yr old like them who really arent into reading. but in my opinion they were badly written and awful but i did not mean to offend we are all diferent in our styles and likes.. and they are only books after all but OMG some people get so worked up if you say you don't like twilight.. its so funny

3 ring circus.. I know give me lestat and all his psychopathic bloodsucking glory!! sparkly vampires in love... blah! lmfao
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 3:18 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• OMG some people get so worked up if you say you don't like twilight.. its so funny

LOL that is so true, I told one friend I hadnt read them and had no interest and next thing i know i have 10 people texting calling emailing me freaking out because i had no intent to read them, so i gave in and read them and i was right I didnt like them. I am in my 30's so are my firends, i get that some read them because they have teen daughters, but the others talk about it with puppy love eyes and get all teenie bopperish it is scary to see 35 y/o women acting like thaty are 14 over cedric and sharkboy lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:38 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I'm 27 and I liked 'em. But I liked Harry Potter too.. I pretty much like a huge variety though.. My mom is a librarian and keeps me in books. =) <3
    I can say that the 4th one is gory and I wouldn't let a kid read it.. and also that the movies are crap compared to the books. Did you see "My Sisters Keeper"? Did you read the book too? Yeah, much like that. The book and the movie are totally different.
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 3:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I like them a lot. The movies do not do them justice and Kristen Stewart is a horrible Bella. I did find the fourth book harder to read than the previous 3. It took me awhile to get into, but I wouldn't call it gory... just unusual.
    TrystansMom314

Answer by TrystansMom314 at 4:17 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Kristen Stewart is a horrible anything lol.. i swear she is gonna chew her lip off one day! I loved Harry Potter too and I agree the 4th book was... interesting, the blood in a takeout cup with a straw had me cracking up for days anytime we went to mcdonalds or saw a takeout cup.. thats all i could think about! of all the books i think i liked that one the most I just hate how whiny bella is.
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 4:43 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I read them and I didn't like them. I was not a fan of Bella (too whiney, weak, had to constantly be saved) or Edward (controlling, stalking, sparkly). But that is just me....lots of people loved them. (Including all of my friends and coworkers. So I am definitely in the minority by not liking them.)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 4:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2010