What do you think of that poor trainer that got killed by the killer whale?

Do you think the people that work at seaworld are trying to cover up by saying she slipped or do you think the whale really did get her by the waist and dragged her down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I never heard that she slipped, This morning i watched the interview with one of the heads at sea world who said her braid brushed against the whales mouth and he dragged her in, honestly is sounded more like the whale thought her braid was a fish and was trying to get what it thought was food. I also saw an interview with one lady who tried to make it sound like there was some "issue" and then another couple said something completely opposite. So IDK, it is just very sad.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:53 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I heard the whale grabbed her from the waist and t ook her down and shook her viciously, then I also heard he grabbed her by the arm and took her down and drowned her, then that she slipped and the whale wanted to horseplay, so who knows what really happened, but it is very sad.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 3:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• 2 words..... KILLER WHALE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I don't know, but if the whale did kill her, the whale is the one least at fault. It's being held captive and forced to perform. I think its sad that Sea World does what it does, subjugate animals for the entertainment of the masses (and incidentally, buys from poachers) and its sad that so many of us think that the animals enjoy their life and don't realize the cruelty behind it. Only recently did I become aware that Sea World buys from poachers and I am becoming increasingly aware of how supporting such organizations fosters a culture that is okay with this. I feel sad for the trainer and her family, sad for the whale, and angry at Sea World and Circuses and all other corporations that force animals into entertainment slavery.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 5:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Last comment what does "poachers" mean?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Poachers would be people who go into off limits areas and capture the animals. There are strict laws pertaining to use of wild animals in zoological parks and shows. Seaworld and other aquariums make a big deal about how they use animals that otherwise couldn't survive in the wild or are part of a larger scientific research. The poachers would capturing animals from the wild.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:02 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I think they should never have gotten the whale in the first place, because it killed a person before they even got it. When a trainer got killed from the same whale yrs. ago, they should have discontinued working with the same whale. After 3 people have been killed from this SAME whale, I certainly hope they learn their lesson and get rid of it this time. I agree it is NOT the whale's fault. It was the stupid choice made to get a whale who's killed someone before.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 7:17 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I think all wild animal trainers take their life into their own hands. They know that going in to their job and they accept and assume the responsibility. I feel for her family to lose her at such a young age, but I don't blame the whale.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It is not the whales fault.   These are the risks involved in working with wild animals.  Look at Steve Irwin and Roy Horn from Siegfried and Roy.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i think people need to understand that they are called killer whales for a reason
    honey27

Answer by honey27 at 7:43 AM on Feb. 26, 2010