Is this a flash back

Ok my son woke up cryin I asked him wats wrong he said daddy doesn't love him and keep cryin his dad not really n his life he treat r son like shit so my question is what do I tell my son?

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 4:38 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• He has a heavenly Father that loves him very much. Sing him Jesus loves Me
    Jesus loves Me This I know
    For The Bible Tells Me So
    Little Ones To Him Belong
    They are Weak But He is Strong

Yes Jesus Loves Me the Bible Tells Me So.
    mommymadness30

Answer by mommymadness30 at 4:43 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Tell him you have enough love to give him for both parents, then track down his dad and kick him in the groin. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with these men who make children and then blow them off? I'm gonna laugh my ass off when they're old and gray and lonely because they ignored their children and wonder why no one visits them.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 5:56 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Tell him that you love him so much that it does not matter if daddy does not love him. That you Love him twice as much and always will.

Answer by louise2 at 6:29 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• If you believe in God, you tell him about how God loves him. You also talk to him about how for people to love others, they have to be able to love themselves first. You also talk about how love is an unselfish feeling. Unfortunately, right now his Dad has some issues that make it so he can't really love anyone.

Then you tell him that YOU love him, and that NOTHING will EVER change that. And that yes, it's sad that his Dad doesn't love him, but that really, it's his Dad that's missing out, because he's missing out on getting to know and spend time with such a great person like him, so instead of being sad about his Daddy feeling like this, you should feel bad for him!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Or, you could tell him that his Dad DOES love him, but he has a lot of issues in his life right now that makes it so he's not able to show it in the way that he should.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:23 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I agree with sailorwifenmom. Don't tell him that his dad doesn't love him. This will simply bring on a whole slew of additional issues. Tell him dad loves him, but dad is sorting out some things. And remind of him of all the people in his life that love him. You love him, and you are with him. Grandparents, cousins, aunts/uncles, friends all love him even if they don't live in the same house as him. Just because they are not physically with him does not mean they don't love him. Talk about the people that your son loves but don't live with you.

When you talk to your son, be sure to keep your voice even, as though you're telling him a fact. (The sky is blue, dad loves you but can't be here now). Your son will pick up on your tone, so if you're angry, upset, or sorrowful, he'll pick up on that and realize that something's wrong/untruthful.

kitkabob

Answer by kitkabob at 9:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Why lie to the child and say his daddy loves him and the father does not. Make sure your child knows you will always be there for him and you will always love him. JMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I've been through that with my son when he was younger. I would just give him a big hug and hold him for awhile and tell him of course his daddy loves him very much..how could he not he's an awesome kid. Its just daddy has some things going on right now to where he can't be here right now, but he does love you very much...and so do I. It always seemed to make him feel better.Now that hes a little older...when he starts to feel sad about something his dad "forgot" to do or whatever I hug him and tell him I am sorry he is feeling so sad and I understand.
    And yes...I always want to go kick his father in the butt after this but there is no need for my son to be as upset about his dad as I am. I made the choice to be with that awful man at one point in my life and now its my job to keep my son as mentally sound as I can about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Feb. 26, 2010