What do you think of the Patriot Act?

Did you know both the House and Senate voted to extend it? Now it is awaiting Obama's signature? I thought liberals and Democrats were against the Patriot Act?

Weren't left leaning voters upset with the Bush Administration and the Patriot Act? So what do you all think now?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 8:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Liberals and democrats are against it. Obama slid it in without them knowing about it though until the last minute. I dont mind the patriot act. I have nothing to hide so if the govt wants to spend its money reading my emails, posts at cafemom, ebay listings, or listen to my teenager sons tell their girlfriends "No you hand up" "No you first" No you: then that theyll be disappointed.

Answer by gemgem at 8:53 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Exactly Gemgem....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:54 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• it is a bit quiet on this question grly.....

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 8:56 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I'm not hard wired against it, but I don't like the idea of it at all. I know that's exactly what everyone wants to hear, but it's honest. I don't watch the news, like I've said many many many times before. I spend my days watching Dora and Spongebob with my toddler. I don't have time to read up on every single thing Obama does.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Cait, that is an honest answer and I respect you for it.

Prior to the election, the Patriot Act was held up as one of Bush's more heinous acts.  Now it's being completely ignored, even as Obama expands its.  I find it absolutely fasicinating, but sincerely doubt you will get more than a few answers, Grly.  MOST of those who were rabidly against the Patriot Act now want to pretend this doesn't exist.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I think it's unconstitutional, of course. What real American doesn't? I'm not a liberal, but I voted for Obama. If he signs that thing, it will be a huge disappointment for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• They voted to extend key provisions, I am against it , always have been always will be..There were better ways to do this

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:39 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Did you know both the House and Senate voted to extend it? Key provisions, yes. Now it is awaiting Obama's signature? I thought liberals and Democrats were against the Patriot Act? Most are, whats your point?

Weren't left leaning voters upset with the Bush Administration and the Patriot Act?  Yes So what do you all think now? Same as I did before

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Most are, whats your point?

Just think it is interesting how much negative Press Bushie got for the Patriot Act... Not much press at all for Obama... Interesting.....  Wonder what Obama will say about the Patriot Act during his NEXT campaign speech...  Will you hold him accountable and complain like you did about Bush?  OHHHH the outrage against Bush and Republicans for the Patriot Act.Or will left leaners overlook it and continue drilling the Republicans??  Looks like in this area and a few others, Obama isn't much different then Bushie.. Areas that at one time MATTERED to leftys. hrmmmmmmm

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Prior to the election, the Patriot Act was held up as one of Bush's more heinous acts. Now it's being completely ignored, even as Obama expands its.

EXACTLY

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2010