Was President Obama disrespectful?

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Who said the 2008 presidential campaign was over? President Barack Obama upbraided his former Republican rival, Sen. John McCain, on Thursday for resorting to political "talking points" at a health care summit Obama organized in hopes of bridging the divide between the two parties.

After McCain used his time to complain that Obama reneged on a campaign promise to bring "change in Washington," the president bluntly told the Arizona Republican that "we're not campaigning any more. The election is over."

McCain retorted that he's "reminded of that every day."

link for the video below;

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Not only was that comment disrespectful, but the earlier one when he was reminded that the democrats had held the floor for more than twice the amount of time that the republicans had, Obama  responded with yeah, but I'm the president so my time doesn't count. My chin hit the floor. I couldn't believe the arogance and disrespect on his part. So much for his whole bipartisan meeting. Like one republican senator said, it was just a bunch of "smoke and mirrors."

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:29 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• No, I saw some of it, I think he was just frustrated. It happens, he is human.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 8:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Soooooooooo apparently Obama is OK with saying what he needsto get a vote.. AND Obama is ok with not being held accountable to his words and campaign promises.... So, vote for him because he says all the right things, but don't actually think he will DO THEM....   Ohh right, he is no different then any other politician....  Free Pass, ugh...  How has that "same politician banter worked out for America in the past?  Yup...  Isn't that why he promised change?  Yup... The people who voted for Obama at election time? Death of Common Sense in America...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• If he said that, yes I think it's disrespectful. Am I surprised? NO.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 8:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Obama runs on his emotions quite often......instead of thinking through what he says.

Obama has been campaigning the last four years.

10

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 8:38 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Obama runs on his emotions quite often......instead of thinking through what he says. Obama has been campaigning the last four years.

Obama's inexperience is showing....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• So to answer the question:

YES I do think Obama is VERY DISREPECTFUL of the OFFICE he holds as well as he is DISRESPECTFUL TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

10

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 8:41 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Sure it is but I doubt anyone is surprised.

This summit was a complete joke even the media started putting out other things instead of the summit the liberal media even.This was all about him going ahead and doing wth he wants regardless and so he could say he tried to be bipartisan but the plan has always been to do what he wants.Almost any time a pub wanted to tackle something within the bill that isnt liked he would divert away from it because there has never been any plan to start over in a real bipartisan way.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Yikes. I'm an Obama fan, but I actually felt bad for McCain after the campaign. Sort of like a sad grandpa. Plus, I didn't loathe him the way I loathed Bush or Cheney. I would even go so far as to say, if I had felt there wasn't a good democratic candidate, and if Sarah Palin weren't his running mate, I may have voted for him. He seems like a decent human being, trying to do the right thing based on the way he sees the world. So yikes, Obama didn't have to say that, and maybe he wouldn't have had he thought better of it. But, I can also see where Obama is getting so exhausted with the political back and forth, and he has a lot of pressure from his base to actually get something accomplished. So, he's tired of the same-old talking points, the partisan back-and-forth, and he was trying to get back on topic. Justified, especially given all the bullshit they pulled during the campaign, but he lost some of his cooperative charm.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 8:43 AM on Feb. 26, 2010