Were your plans for today canceled due to school closings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sort of, I homeschool so today was just going to be business as usual with their schoolwork, but I was planning on going thrift store shopping with a friend later. Because of the nasty weather, we decided to cancel our shopping and reschedule for next week.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:44 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Nope, school's not closed. My only plan for today is to get groceries.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 8:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Nope!! My kids still have school, although the middle school has changed the day from a 1/2 day to a whole day--- to make up for a snow day they took in Dec.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Not really....one of my boys is sick so he was going to stay home anywqays. Just made it a lot easier for me to not have to drag everybody out to drop off one at school..
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I planned on finishing the laundry and sweeping and mopping and spending time with the kids, and watch movies. NOPE! I STILL have to walk to the store to get my father's medicine for him. The only difference is, I'm bringing my dd with me, because it's not that cold out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Nope not this week! Last 3 weeks though were touch and go. One day I dropped them at 8:30 (I carpool to two schools), came home and on the radio it said they were dismissing school. Now that pissed me off. I didnt even make it home before having to turn around and getting them again. The kicker? It snowed an hour then was sunny all day.

Answer by gemgem at 8:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• nope. No snow here.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:02 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Wow.. no! It's supposed to be in the 50's here in the Southeast. Besides, I have no kids in school right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• nope my dd is 1 and ss has school all day long
    Houstyn08

Answer by Houstyn08 at 9:38 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I planned on going to Walmart, schools are open it is anal leakage that actually stopped my plan
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2010