vent what am i doing wrong.

I am eating 1500 calories or less a day, I work out daily for an hour to an hour and a half. I burn 500-800 calories working out, sometimes more. I eat mostly fresh fruits and veggies.... Yet I have only lost one inch in a month and a half? I was 42 inches, now I am 41... What the f am i doing wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• what type of working out are you doing?
    if you are doing the wrong exercises, you will bulk up.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Actually, contrary to what the first poster says, you should be doing a MIX of weights and cardio to ensure the best burn and weight loss. And don't forget to vary your routine or your body does get used to it. Not to mention it's never a quick and easy process to lose weight. Be patient and you may notice your metabolism speed up after a bit more time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I do mostly cardio. I do cardio daily and I do weight training 3 or 4 days a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Have you measured other parts of your body besides your waist? I know with me my stomach is the last place I lose, it seems to come off my thighs and hips first.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 10:51 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Maybe it's the way you eat or exercise ... for example, you should eay every few hours.

Breakfast
    AM Snack
    Lunch
    PM Snack
    Dinner

Start & end each day & each meal with a glass of water.

And a mixture of exercises, like cardio, stretching, weights ... and over time your body will get used to your routine!
    I use a variety of workout videos and mix them up, so I'm not doing the same thing over and over.

You should do a whole body measurement also.
    Chest
    R arm
    L arm
    Waist
    Hips
    R thigh
    L thigh

If you want more personalized help, or need to vent shoot me a message.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 12:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Are you only eating 1500 calories a day plus burning off that 500-800? You have to eat more to compensate for all of those calories your burning or your body will go into starvation mode. Good luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Okay, I thought I already knew something but wasn't sure so...thank you google! You need to burn more than you eat to lose weight. If you think I made it up, feel free to google it :-)
    You need to eat small nutritious meals, about everything 3-4 hours during the day. Drink lots of water throughout the day. Be sure to eat breakfast within the first hour of waking up. Try eating vegetarian a couple days of the week. You may not believe it but cutting out meat actually helps with weight loss.
    What I did to lose weight was become a vegetarian and workout no less that 4 days a week. I lost 20+ lbs in a year and was back to my high school weight.
    My advice is to do your own research. When you find something that sounds good, research that to check it out and make sure it's legit. Good luck and I hope you soon see the results you are craving! Take Care
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 6:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It takes 3500 calories to lose one pound... therefore you need to burn 3500 calories a week to lose 1 lb and you need to eat enough calories to off set that and maintain a deficit appropriate for your body mass.

I eat between 1100-1300 calories daily and burn 2000+ daily. I lose 2-3 lbs weekly. I also only drink water. I've lost 24 lbs since December. I also have a bodybugg which has helped me track all of this.

Listen to the trainer a few posts ago!!!!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 7:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Resting metabolic rate [rmr] = body weight times ten. This is the number of calories your body requires to function through the day

65% carbohydrates, 25% fats, and 15% protein. To up your carbohydrate intake bump up the intake of grains, starches and fruits. Cereal, pasta. Carbohydrates really affect how you feel and perform.
    Good protein foods include: lean beef, tuna and salmon, chicken, turkey, peanut butter, tofu, canned beans and low fat dairy products.

sami07

Answer by sami07 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• before a workout and when
    Avoid foods high in fat and protein before working out. Bagels, pasta, toasted bread, crackers, and bananas are good before a workout. Oatmeal and apples are good too. If consuming something sweet, eat it 15 minutes before working out, simple sugars in excess consumption can leave you lightheaded and tired. Carbohydrates eaten one hour before workout with a low glycemic index do little to replenish glycogen stores, but good for fueling your workout [ie: apples, pears, chocolate milk, fruit yogurt, lima beans, skim milk, green beans, dried apricots, whole milk, grapefruit and kidney beans. Moderate glycemic foods include: corn flakes, rice cakes, microwave potatoes, jelly beans, nilla wafers, honey, gram crackers, raisins, ice cream, watermelon, shredded wheat
    sami07