• In the Spotlight:

OMG Drank some herbal teas while preg! Didn't know I wasn't suppose to.

I am 15 weeks along and have drank herbal tea here and there. I usually drank camamile and green tea. I just read that we aren't suppose to do that. I hardly drank any but maybe a few sips out of my mug to soothe a sore throat. I think once in the very early stages I drank a full mug when I had a cold. Has anyone done this before and baby came out ok? What could happen to my baby? I am scared I may have caused a defeat and it's all my fault!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Take a breath..you can't be the first person to do this... and doesn't sound like you had enough to even be worried about! just think of the ppl that don't know they are pregnant until WEEKS after they are... some do drugs, or drink, or take meds they shouldn't have and the baby turns out just fine!!! gl
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• lol are you being serious?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• When I was pregnant with DS I tried to drink green tea twice- and both times it instantly made me sick. I couldn't figure out why. It wasn't until weeks after he was born I found out I wasn't suppose to drink it while pregnant. DS is fine though so it can't be too bad.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:41 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• lol i drank tea daily when pregnant .. she is a healthy happy 15 month old.. soo idk where you got that news from
    aliciaDnewman25

Answer by aliciaDnewman25 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Oh for goodness sake,I hardly think a sip or too is gonna matter,calm down.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Most herbal teas are fine. It is things like kava and blue cohosh in a tea form that should be avoided.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:06 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• With my last pregnancy I drank a lot of teas actually...because I stopped drinking coffee. I especially liked the chamomile tea because I had awful insomnia. My daughter just turned 12 months...shes fine.If anything..shes advanced. Im prego again :) and same thing..I've been drinking maybe 1-2 cups in the morning, it helps with my nausea.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:17 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Your allowed to drink tea! I do and its okay
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 12:25 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• umm idk where you heard that. you can drink all the tea you want. those are good for you!!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I find this question interesting because there are so many new "DON'Ts" out there these days... I don't think that having a few cups of tea will make anything change! Your baby should be just fine:)
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 1:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2010