Do you ever feel gulity for being at home when others go to work?

bella69147

Asked by bella69147 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• who are the "others" im suppose to be worrying about? i dont feel guilty one bit. me staying at home was a choice my DH and i both made together because we felt it was the best choice for our family. why should i feel guilty doing what we feel is best for our family?
    i went back to work for a few months when my older two kids were younger because we hit a rough spot financially....so i know what its like to be a SAHM and a working mom, and i have to say that i feel being a SAHM is harder. for me, personally. im in no way saying that either said has it better or worse than the other. its a personal decision. but i will never feel guilty for not working.
    LKLMommy

Answer by LKLMommy at 4:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Never.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Are you serious! Heck no! Why should we?
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 10:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Only when Hubby is getting up in the early morning and he gives me a kiss and its a struggle for him to get out of bed, then I get to just roll over and go back to sleep, nice and warm and comfy..I feel bad that he has to work hard and get up early..Other Moms, nope, we all have our own situation..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 10:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• nope b/c when im at home im doing work too..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I used to at first when I became a SAHM....not anymore!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:41 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• only thing i feel guilty about is how tired my hubby gets with his job and works so hard for the family, that i wish he could get a break, cause even the hardest stay at home mom has a few minutes to themselves or an hr during nap time or when kids are at school, u can say laundry can wait, the men cant
    aliciaDnewman25

Answer by aliciaDnewman25 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• no because I work too. Just at night though, so I stay home all day then go to work when hubby gets off.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I do sometimes only when he has to get up so early in the morning and its freezing snow outside (like today). I'll just make sure to have something good and warm for him to eat when he gets home then I get over it though, LOL.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:13 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Others like who? My husband? No, because i do the work at home while he does the work outside of the home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2010