Is there something such as breastfeeding disorder?

I've read many Cafemom post regarding breastfeeding. Many moms would love to breastfeed but they comment that the baby couldn't latch.

Do you think that the Medical Community should give a name to this condition and work on a treatment for this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think that it's usually lack of support, breastfeeding isn't always as easy as it can be made out to be, it can take real effort for some. Lack of support can lead to people who really want to breastfeed to give up too soon, where as with support they most likely would have succeeded. It took me a month of offering the breast then having to pump for my first to start breastfeeding, I was fortunate enough to have incredible support, people telling me he'd get it eventually, and sure enough, he did!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2010