How much did/will you spend on your child's first birthday?

Including gifts, food, everything

Miss_Kay

Asked by Miss_Kay at 10:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• NOT A PENNY .....WE BOUGHT HER A TV BUT THAT WAS WELL BEFORE HER BIRTHDAY ....HER GRANDPARENTS PAID FOR EVERYTHING ! (THEY WANTED TO)
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• If you had to guess, how much do you think they spent?
    Miss_Kay

Answer by Miss_Kay at 10:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i spent about 400 family friends everyone came over for her bday i did a cinderella theme and she loved it that is all that matters to me
    and her second bday i did dora theme i spent about 200 on that and
    this yr for her third im going to spend about 300
    what i do is i save money for it all yr round so i make sure my daughter will have a good bday
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Really not much. I made a cake, had balloons. I have twins we where away from the family across state, so it was just us four. It was nice.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:08 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Hmmm...about $100.00-$125.00
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:38 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Not much. Her bday is in the fall so I just hit yard sales all summer long and stocked up on gifts. I had a bring a dish to pass party so really all I had to pay for food wise was the cake ingredients.
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 11:39 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• We have twin girls that will turn 1 this summer. We have been buying things for their birthday all year. We will have a big party for them in the summer. I bet overall we will spend 400 or 500 on them probably too much but it is spread out over the year and they will only turn one once!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• $2500! Her party was fabulous! Dave & Buster's with a bowling alley. Not one person was in their seats.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• MLM are you serious?! That is rediculous for a child's 1st birthday.

We spent $100 or less - cake, food, relatives came over, balloons...obviously nothing special, but how much will a child remember from their 1st birthday?! We got pics of everyone having fun and the birthday child and their cake. The important stuff. I can't understand people spending high amounts of money on a 1st birthday party.
    Anonymous

• Yeah I am serious! I can spend whatever I please on my daughter. She also has a savings account. Would that piss you off to know how much is in it? haha Haters I swear. She will see the pictures, video and also all of her birthday cards that I saved for her to read when she is older. So yes she will remember it. Anything else?
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2010