Do you think this is weird?

I'm looking online for handmade engagement rings or just want to look around for an antique ring. But I came across this Pearl Handmade ring. It's beautiful! But would it be weird to have it as an engagement ring? Let me know your opinions! Thanks

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41531632&ref=cat2_gallery_19

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• NOPE EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT RINGS THEY DONT HAVE TO BE DIAMONDS!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• If that's what you like, go for it. I just don't know how practical pearls would be in a ring you're going to wear everyday. Pearls are very delicate and need special care.

http://www.pearloasis.com/care.html
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 11:13 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• um no I think that ring is really pretty actually and if you like it then you should =) Your rings your ring so anything you like will do the trick =)!! Congrats on the engagement
    ILoveMuffins62

Answer by ILoveMuffins62 at 11:16 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• My sister LOVES pearls, so that is exactly what she got as an engagement ring. She is a hair dresser, though, and is worried about the setting and the pearl falling off, so she wears her "promise ring" to work, out and about, etc. and her pearl engagement ring for "special occasions". She plans on having it reset when she gets married so it will be less likely to fall out, and put bands on both the top and bottom to make it a "wedding ring".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Not not weird at all. However I make these kind of wire wrapped rings and the seller is a bit over priced on this one I believe. Just my opinion. She is not using sterling wire either, it is plated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• No, you like what you like...anything else would be a substitute, and you would always pine away for the ring you love if you didn't get it! I would say wear it on the other hand as just a 'ring' except you love it so much, that in itself makes it special enough to be your engagement ring!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• And as the above poster said, be very careful with it...pearls DO fall off! I wore a pearl ring for about 5 years and it fell of 3 times, I was fortunate enough the first two times to see it fall, the 3rd...I wasn't so lucky :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• To the anon that said it is plated and not sterling wired....will it turn colors?
    Anonymous

• You can have whatever you want for an engagement ring. I have an emerald and I love it and love that it doesn't look like everyone else's ring.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 1:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2010