Decreased fetal movement....worried

we had a checkup yesterday and I told the doctor that the baby's fetal movement had diminished over the past week and some. We did an ultrasound and baby looks great, growing great and has a good heartrate. The doctor said to monitor it over the next week and set us up another appointment to see how things are going. He said that I should feel the baby move at least 10 times in a 12 hour period. So I'm counting everything. He did say that if we hadn't felt the appropriate number of kicks/jerks that we would go to the hospital and get hooked up to the monitor there to make sure everything was ok. My question is....has anyone else gone through this? did they take the baby out early?? I'm just a little nervous. we had major issues with our first and I can't help but be a bit anxious this time around.

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a non-stress test done while I was pregnant because I thought my baby's movements felt weaker and not as often as usual. They hooked me up to a fetal heartbeat monitor and contraction monitor, and gave me a push button to press every time I felt a movement. A computer kept track of the time and the number of movements I felt within an hour period. Of course when I was there, my son started kicking up a storm, so everything was fine all along. Haha. However if the doctor's have an concern that something is wrong with your baby inside, they will do a emergency c-section and delivery the baby early. My friend had this done because her baby's heartbeat kept dropping.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• How far along are you? That makes a big difference here.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I've been having this go on for the past month. I am almost 39 weeks preg. now and have been hooked up to the moniter twice and had an ultrasound 2 days ago. The baby scored 8 out of 8 points (everything is good). They say it could be the placenta moves infront of her or that she is simply running out of room to move. I am still constantly preoccupied with my baby's lack of movement- My next appt. is on monday and I imagine I will be hooked up to the machine again. I wish they would just induce me already!!! (every time I go in they say that it might happen, then I spend an hour on a machine, an hour waiting for an ultrasound, etc. psychiing myself up to have a kid in the next day or two....)
    I definately feel your pain. If you are nervous call them every day. The baby needs to be in real danger (low amniotic fluid, not practicing breathing, etc) for them to induce- so don't get too nervous. Good Luck!! Congrats!
    Anonymous