kinda getting freaked out...need some words of wisdom

so i was bleeding wed night a little went to the dr the next day had and exam, then an ultrasound today. they told me i have placenta previa and my need to quit working soon and have ultrasounds often bc of it. now i read up on it online and ity seems quite scary. anyone else have this???? i didnt have any problems with my first baby now all these things with my second...kinda got me scared about this pregnancy im all but 14 weeks so i have awhile.

letlovegrow

Asked by letlovegrow at 11:18 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Placenta Previa used to be a major concern with pregnancy. However, now, doctor's have a pretty good handle on it. It just basically means your placenta would come out first if you were to delivery your baby vaginally, which would obviously not be good. So to make sure that doesn't happen, doctors will probably want to keep you on bedrest so you don't over-exert yourself, and will watch closely to make sure nothing is happening. You will have a c-section probably before your due date to make sure you don't go into labor on your own. It is a concern but nothing to fret over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Actually almost none of what the previous poster wrote is accurate at 14 weeks. Placentas grow up during pregnancy. Most likely your will grow up and out of the way. IF it doesn't then c-section will be necessary. but no point in worrying about that at 14 weeks.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• My MIL had placenta previa with her 4th baby and didn't know it until her last vaginal exam when she started to hemorrhage. The doctor got her to the hospital, they did an immediate c-section, she and baby (DH) were fine. Yes it used to be a very scary thing before Ultrasound. Now they overdiagnosis it and alarm women like yourself who are only 14 weeks. Placenta previa means nothing unless you are due or bleeding. If you are bleeding and need bedrest then take your bedrest.  but don't bother getting upset about it.

Anonymous

• They told me I had previa at my 18 week ultrasound but then i had another ultrasound two weeks ago (25 weeks) and they found that when my uterus grew my placenta moved up and away from my cervix. And like the other posters said, just take it easy and follow the docs instructions and everything should be fine.
    blueangel916

Answer by blueangel916 at 12:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2010