DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CHLDHOOD DISINGRATIVE DISORDER???/

JEN062702

Asked by JEN062702 at 11:30 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Yes, what do you want to know?
    Anonymous

• ANYTHING I KNOW ABSOLUTLY NOTHING MY SON HA S BEEN LOSING MOST OF HISDEVELOPMENTAL MILESTONE FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS NOW HE DOESNT PLAY, TALK OR SO ANYTHING ANYMORE AND THE DOCTORS JUST KEEP GIVING ME DIAGNOSIS AFTER DIAGNIOSIS NOW THERE SAYING DISENGRATIVE DISORDER AND I READ ABOUT IT BUT i REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND I WANT TO KNOW HOW IT EFFECT DAILY LIFE IS THIS PERMANT THE WORKS PLEASE HELP ME
    JEN062702

Answer by JEN062702 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I am so very sorry, BIG hugs to you & your little one.

CDD (also called Heller's Syndrome) falls under the umbrella of the Pervasive Developmental Disorders and is VERY rare. Loss of skills is typically dramatic, occurring very quickly & almost all at once. A child with CDD will have a greater chance of developing epilepsy and of being MR. There is no specific treatment for CDD, but medications & therapy can be used to manage a child's behaviors. The thing that really sucks about CDD is that the loss of skills tends to be severe and permanently disabling, and most children will eventually end up institutionalized.

However, CDD is rare & there is something called late-onset infantile autism that looks very much like CDD & has a much better prognosis. The primary difference b/t the two is that the loss of skills in autism tends to be gradual, whereas in CDD it tends to happen all at once in everything.
    Anonymous

• THAT S WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SON HE LOST ALL HIS MILESTONES AT ONCE HE DON'T HARDLY TALK NO MORE OR NOTHIN IT FEELS LIKE SOMONE IS RIPPING MY HEART OUT I JUST WANT MY HAPPY LITTLE BOY BACK.... AS LONGAS I LIVE I WILL NEVER PUT JOSH IN A HOME HE WILL BE WITH ME I HAD HIM IT MY JOB TO TAKE CARE OF HIM....
    JEN062702

Answer by JEN062702 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2010