What makes you say "Gosh I feel lucky for living in the USA"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think we have a lot to be thankful for here like our freedoms, but I enjoyed living in Spain more than living in the US. I think they have a better sense of priorities in some European countries. I think we should focus more on what they are doing and try to do it over here. They take pride in what they do there. They didn't import everything from China, they sold quality items handmade in Spain. In stores and restaurants, of foods weren't fresh they would not sell them. here, stores and restaurants try to push sales of the foods that aren't the freshest so they don't lose money on them. There, the focus is on family, then work. Not the other way around. They don't work themselves to death. They eat a healthier diet that we do here in America. They don't think they are entitled to everything just because of where they live. I've encountered that a lot in Americans overseas. BUT, I do LOVE America, & proud DH is in the...
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Dont get me wrong. I love My country (the good old USA). But I liked living in Europe. Seems they take better care of there people. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Lots! I can't speak about Europe, but I sure am fortunate that I wasn't born in a third-world country.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Honestly, I am grateful for clean water every day to bathe in and drink..so many countries don't even have that one simple thing, there is a LOT more to be grateful for, but that is the one thing that occurs to me most frequently.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• well cuz i was born in colombia. drugs and terrorist!! and am thankful my mom brought me and my sisters here to have a better life. i do miss my home country but to me this is my home. this is where i got married, had kids and this where i will die!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:52 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Nothing. I don't ever think that. And I was born here. Never lived anywhere else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• nothing! i live in canada!! i lived in buffalo, ny, for about a year. i much prefer canada!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Air Force and is defending our freedoms. I do however think this country needs to reasses its values, priorities, and overall the way we live.
    AprilDJC

• I loved living in the UK and now I'm very happy living in Canada.  I wouldn't live anywhere else.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• When I see women in other countries who can't speak for themselves,who are raped & beaten in the street. When I have food & a warm place to live.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 1:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2010