18 weeks pregnant and belly is itchy all over!

it leaves red bumps sometimes. this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Dont scratch it! Keep your skin moisturized. Scratching can cause stretch marks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i didnt have that, but i think it is normal because they sell a cocoa butter oil that is for itchy skin. they have it at cvs & places like that i think, either that or i saw it at a maternity clothes store.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:43 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It's 'cause your skin is stretching...DON'T EVER GO WITHOUT COCOA BUTTER ON IT, or you will end up with stretch marks from hell!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Ugh, mine was itchy like crazy! I used lotion daily after my shower, which normally I don't lotion my belly. I tried to rub rather than scratch, and not under my clothes. It's just the skin stretching. I also got loads of stretch marks. IDK if it's related. Lotion, lotion, lotion.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:51 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• wal-mart has Palmers Cocoa butter products, from oil, lotion, belly butters. its about 5 or 7$ depending on what you get.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 12:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It's the skin stretching. The bumps are part of that- they are called puppps, pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy. They are normal and common. Moisturizers and oatmeal baths help those. Staying hydrated and keeping your skin from drying out will also help. The bumps and itch should go away after you have the baby.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It is the skin stretching and going without cocoa butter does not mean you will end up with stretch marks. I personally used nothing on my stomach because I never felt itchy or the need to and have zero stretch marks after two pregnancies. It is all in the genetics though since my grandmother had 6 with none and my mother and her 2 sisters all had 3 with none either. Most of my female cousins have none either and most of us did nothing to prevent them. If it is itching then put some sort of lotion on it though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2010