Monster Jam Trucks

My boy is 4 years 5 m. old. Is it okay to take him to the Monster Jam Trucks show? We have never been on one of those shows. I'm not sure if we should please him by taking him this Saturday. Is it too noisy and violent or is just noisy and fun? Will it give him a wrong message about driving manners or I am just a scary cat? Please advise moms!

CACHARRA

Asked by CACHARRA at 11:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If you decide to go buy him and you some ear muffs from the sporting goods section of walmart.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:41 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• We went last weekend. We took our son who will be 5 in a few months and our daughter who will be 10 in a few weeks. HE LOVED IT!! (She, not so much.) He knows it's the Monster Truck drivers that can go crazy, not regular drivers. Buy ear muffs before you go. We bought them there and paid way way too much. It also kind of smells bad. Maybe don't get seats too close. It might be scary. It was awesome though and we'll totally be going again.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I've been taking my kids and now grandkids to Monster Jam for over 20 years. It is very loud so ear plugs or some kind of protection is needed. My kids didn't have to be told, they understood these are specialized vehicles with professional drivers. They do what they do..only in theareana setting. We began taking my grandson when he was 2. My granddaughter loves it to as long as she sees Grave Digger she's happy.
    Anonymous

• Alright, I wasn't thinking about going but you made me feel excited about it!
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR SUCH A GREAT ADVICE AND THE QUICK OF YOUR ANSWERS. Have a GREAT Weekend!
    Hopefully it does not rain...
    CACHARRA

Answer by CACHARRA at 12:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• If he is wearing hearing protection I think it is a great thing for him to see if he wants to. My son went to a outdoor monster truck show last summer when he was 3 years old and loved it. He had ear muff hearing protection on though. DH and his brother actually paid for the three boys (my 3 year old and nephews who are 6 and 8) to ride in a monster truck!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Did you hear about the kid in the stands that was killed not long ago when the truck crashed over the siderails or whatever they are?!? My son loves trucks, but I would never risk it!
    Anonymous

• It's A LOT of fun but LOUD my DS has gone a couple of time and loved it but def find Ear Phones from either a Hardware Store or Walmart to protect everybody's ears you will need them. Have fun!
    Anonymous

• LMAO im sorry this question made me laugh a little. I have been taking my son since he was 3 years old. Its not "violent". Yes it CAN be loud but it doesn't effect them. They can cover their ears or get those ear things. my son has tons of fun going. We both love it. And if you worried about him driving...They don't drive till there are what, 15... I dont think you have anything to worry about.

And I dont think your childs going to die going to one LMAO...He or she will be fine! You both will have loads of fun just make sure you bring some extra cash because the cotton candy and crap is pricey....

Have fun! Enjoy yourselves !!
    You can't ALWAYS be over protective mommys ....
    ILoveMuffins62

Answer by ILoveMuffins62 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I go off roading with my 6 year old son almost every weekend
    Professional? Are you guys for real?
    You dont go to school to DRIVE a car. haha You women make me giggle
    Anonymous

• My boys went a couple of times and they loved it. Definitely need to take earplugs though!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2010