too much?

Is it asking to much of my 12 yr old to just say okay instead of arguing? I do listen to her. She got kicked off the bus for 10 days because she kicked a boy that was sitting on her. We went to school and spoke to the principal and the guy in charge of the busses and I told my daughter that next time she's on the bus she will sit with her brothers in the front seat and I told th eguy to make sure the bus driver knows.Well my daughter cant just say okay she has to argue that oh the seats are not big enough for 3 people ,or my brother stinks. Its always an argument. So what do I do? She never shuts up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Feb. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think that's one of the hazards of having a 12 year old girl. It has to do with how they mature. She will learn when to speak up for herself and when to just let it go when she gets older and matures more. Just keep doing what you're doing.

PS I am absolutely NOT calling your daughter immature. I am saying that it is a part of adolescence to learn when to speak and when not to. I didn't want to send the wrong message as it can be easy to come across the wrong way in text.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:52 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• being a (almost) teenage girl is hard.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:52 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• no offense taken.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It takes 2 people to argue. A simple of "end of discussion" is all you need to say to let her know that you are no longer discussing it.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• seems a little harsh to get kicked off for kicking someone that was sitting on her.... don't you think though? Is she a strong willed child? like, has she always battled with you or is this recent? I agree with mother of hope, but my sister also used to keep following my mom and bringing it up and arguing her point so what then??lol! yuck.. sorry but kinda glad I had a boy cause I remember being a icky teen..lol!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2010