Threats

omg my 11 yr old son came home and told me that some mexican kids at school are saying that they have a brother thats in a gang and they can kill him. wth you know how scary that is to a kid I cant do anything cause the school didnt here it. My son is tall but super skinny I'm scared that he is gonna get hurt by one of these kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• If that was my child and I believed those threats to be true I would transfer them to another school. If the school is not doing something is it possible that you could go higher up like the superintendant?
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 12:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I would go directly with your child to the principal. Many schools have an anti-bully and/or anti-gang policies.
    kitkabob

Answer by kitkabob at 12:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• you need to let the school, and the police know. and this childs parents need to be informed, there is no reason an 11 yr old is around gang activity.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• That's a treat of bodily harm and the principal should be alerted about this. And if necessary, the gang task force at your local police department.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Did the other kids say that your son is going to be killed or that someone 'could' kill him? the language is going to be a factor
    when making a police report and going to the school about it... make sure your son repeats word from word what was said to him... some times what you may think is a threat could be kids bragging about someone/thing that they know...
    go to your local police dept first and file a complaint then with a copy of that complaint go to the school principle if he/she doesn't deem it anything to worry about then go over their heads and go to the school district officials...
    Tell your son to avoid the group of kids that said this to him if you still feel that your son is being threatened then I would consider transferring him ...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• No one at the school had to hear it. Just report it. The main thing is to show the principal there is a potential serious problem.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2010