Are all single mothers selfish? Should all single mothers have "kept their legs shut"?

I'm curious. There's another question

(http://www.cafemom.com/answers/381327/Palin_Wins?cat_id=&next=1#r_foot)

about Bristol Palin winning child support, and those are the comments being left about her and why it's not a good thing that she won court ordered support from her child's father. Is this true of all single mothers or just the ones who by chance have a parent people don't like?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• no it depends...
    Anonymous

• No one is saying its not good that she is going to get child support, they are both behaving selfishly and using their child to make money and punish each other. Holding her up as some sort of role model and a whole post about her big "WIN" is just ridiculous

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• No?
    Anonymous

• I think the conservatibe stance is single moms are selfish and their children will end up on a stripper pole...or is that just Ann Coultoure?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It's certainly not true of all single mothers - but that doesn't mean it's not true of SOME single mothers.

I know a woman who works a very high paying job - her ex. was laid off and is had to move into his parent's basement. She's VERY bitter over their divorce, and she still demands that he pay child support, even though she rarely, if ever, let's him see his kids. She's a class-A bitch, and he shouldn't be paying her just because he's a man. She doesn't need it, and he can barely even survive for all the money he's dishing out. She's doing it to punish him.

Karma is coming to get her, though - he turned her in for lying to the IRS about her income :)
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• She didnt make the baby alone right? She shouldnt have to raise it alone but many times that it what happens. The man runs off, finds a new woman, makes more babies & there is single mom getting all the grief from people.
    Anonymous

• you can't ever put a label on one group of people. its racist and wrong. there are lots of types of people who are selfish.
    Anonymous

• Wish I could "Win"... I mean, make my deadbeat EX-Husband feel that he has any responsibility in regard to his children... wait, drugs are more fun!

NP~ I see the response that ticked you off, BUT (there is always a big but in there somewhere!) we all know why it was stated. I agree that there have been more than a fair share of selfish acts involved, but then, there are in MOST (almost ALL) cour cases revolving around custody & child support. The difference is that most are not publicized.
    The only award Bristol deserves is the lesson she learned from sleeping with a scuzz. Like most of us (excepting for the high and mighty 'I have only slept with my dh' crowd).
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I know of single moms who are not selfish but they are made to think so because they sue the father of their children for monetary support. Bristol Palin has an opportunity to pay it forward and use her single parenthood 'fame'as a way to help other unwed mothers. I think she should take this opportunity and help others who don't have the financial means to seek monetary support from their baby's deadbeat parent. She could seize the opportunity to help others.  Whether she will or not, I don't know.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• The one that got me more were the comments about her being a slut and needing to keep her legs shut. I don't see why something people wouldn't say directly to any single mom on CM are ok to say about someone just because her mother is involved in politics.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2010