Soy Protein during Pregnancy?

I drink a Soy Protein shake everyday (GeniSoy brand) and I just found out I am pregnant. I'm only 4wks right now. Is it safe to continue drinking this during pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Read the warnings on the back of the container.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 12:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Not daily. But then most foods, especially processed, should not be eaten binge style (example don't eat peanut butter every day). Also, don't use it to replace a meal. You're pregnant so be sure to eat 3 well balanced meals daily.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Yes, is fine. I know exactly what you are using, and as long as you are not going double on it to replace a meal it's all good!

You'll find in the weeks to come, that as you crave protein, this is one of the better ways to get it- without excess fat & cholesterol.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Soy is not so healthy~ it would be healthier to avoid too much.
    Having some occasionally should do no harm. But now is a great time to research alternatives. You can make your own smoothie without soy. ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2010