Late period but negative result....

My last cycle started on Jan 24th. I was due on feb 21st or 22nd (sometimes my cycle is 28 or 29) I tested on Feb 24th and 25th both negative. But I had been on pill from jan 24th to feb 6th ( I wasnt to good about taking them and doubled some days) But now I am 5 days late and nothing! I have no insurance until april 1st and I just moved to anew city and dont have a doctor yet! ( As u can see I have alot going on) I do have some abdominal pain (not cramping) and also I spotted on Feb 13th and 14th very lightly... I am just at a lose and wanted someone who has had this happen tell me the outcome. (I know everyones different im just curious) And we are going to be happy either way! We were trying and gave up...

dmc512

Asked by dmc512 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If you are 5 days late the chances of you being pregnant with a negative result now are slim, however there is still a chance. you may not ovulate regularly especially if you just got off the pill. Wait a week and take another test. By then you will have an accurate result.
    In my personal opinion I would say you are not pregnant. It may be your body still adjusting from getting off the pill, however i am not a doctor so I could be wrong! =)
    Good luck to you either way!! But your best bet to know an accurate answer is to test again in a week!! Sorry I couldn't give you a better answer!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I am in a similar boat with you. I have been off the pill since october, but my cycles were between 27 and 32 days each time, until now. I am at day 39 and still no AF. I have taken two tests and both negative. It stinks being irregular and not knowing for sure if the tests are accurate. My sister has had two babies, and with each one the test didn't show positive until 2 months preggers. So- all this to say, there is a chance you are preg, but then also a chance you are not. YOu just have to wait for AF or a positive. Good luck to you!!
    1passioninlife

Answer by 1passioninlife at 9:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2010