Eviction Notice. Does anybody know??

Typically how long after getting an eviction notice do you have to be out of the home/apartment? I know it's different, but anyone have any idea? I know someone who got one, and they haven't told us when they need to be out by, and we'd like to help, but we'd like to know how long we have to help....any clue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Isn't 6 months. Legally the landlord is bind to let you stay 6 months. But I think it applies for tenants who have live in the apt more than a year or so, Not sure though
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 1:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Depending on state & contract. In Md. it's 30 days.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 1:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Here it is 30 days.
    Anonymous

• It should say a date on the notice. And no landlord is going to let you stay six more months without paying rent.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• If its a court ordered eviction you can contest it. That gives you more time.
    Anonymous

• Here in IL it is 30 days.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 1:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• My grandpa rents out trailers and when he serves them a notice they have 1 week to get out then they have to appear in court if they fail to move or appear he's allowed to get rid of their things after another week.This is in Louisiana
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Ok if you are getting evicted by the court, you always get a notice saying there is a court date first. You have the legal right to appear in court before they order the eviction. If its merely a notice that the manager/owner has written up its not legally binding. If its just some form they filled in saying basically, "I am evicting you", its not legally binding. A legal eviction takes time to process. And once its ordered by the court you will have a set date you have to vacate by. A legal eviction notice is usually served by a sheriff. If you are not served with a date to appear in court then its NOT a legal eviction. Even if you do have to go to court, like someone stated above you can fight it (even if you are in the wrong) & drag it out a bit longer. My mom was an apartment manager for years. She went to court quite often for evictions.
    Anonymous