BREAST FEEDING

WHEN YOU BREASTFEED AT THE BEGINNING DOES YOUR BODY ACHE EVERWHERE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your body will ache everywhere from just having a baby, not from breastfeedng.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Your body is aching from just giving birth and is has nothing to do with breastfeeding or not. Will happen no matter what you do. You will have some pretty strong contractions while the child is nursing and for some they are painful, but it helps the uterus shrink quicker then if you are not nursing.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I hurt from labor and delivery, not nursing. The only pain I had directly from nursing was the strong contractions aeneva mentioned. A bad latch hurts the nipple, but not the whole body.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It's not from breastfeeding. The hormones from breastfeeding make you feel better.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• gaill not evreyone feels good from bf, i would get depressed if try nursing.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• this is what gailll was referring to
    Breast-feeding triggers pulses of feel-good hormone
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1746293720080718

it's biological...
    Anonymous

• While most people react positively to the release of oxytocin during letdown (the "feel good" hormone released when breastfeeding), occasionally people will respond to it negatively: Some mothers experience nausea or itching (usually of the breast or underarm area) during letdown; this may be due to the increased blood flow or a response to oxytocin release. Hormone-related headaches or feelings of depression (or anxiety, agitation or anger) during let-down can also occur on occasion.
    These issues usually go away after a few weeks of breastfeeding.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Your uterus contracts while you breastfeed, so you could have period-like cramps. I always did in those early weeks. Also, I got a very intense urge to cry just as my milk let down. It was the strangest thing. Right along with my intense urge for a glass of water. I learned to never sit down to nurse without a glass of water, but also that the cramps and the sadness would go away fairly quickly. None of it lasted too long... maybe a month at the most.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• bf feels great, its good hormones
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Thinking back i did get a bit nauseous during a let donw in the first few weeks, but iwasn't anything terrible and nothing to make me think about quitting or anythng; It seemed to be worse i I just ate.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2010