so then how old it to old to push your chld in a shopping cart? (take off)

why is it different than pushing a child in a stroller around a non-grocery store or the mall? Most times if you are in another type of store or the mall you are going to be there longer right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• When ever a know it all mom with nothing better to do than judge tells me its time ! LMFAO
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• My ds is almost 5 and he rides in those carts at Target that have the 2 seats there...you know those ones that are impossible to steer. At the grocery store, he will ride in the carts that look like cars. But he doesn't ride in the traditional grocery cart seat anymore because he is over the 35 pound weight limit. He still occasionally uses his stroller at the mall, I bring it mostly for my sake, to hold all our crap, and he will sit in it if he gets tired. Same when we went to Disney.
    Anonymous

• I still put my four year old in the cart. I am there to shop, not chase her all over the store. She hasn't complained yet. If anybody is judging me for keeping my child safe, so be it.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 1:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• My kids are 4 and 6 and we haven't owned a stroller in over two years. When we go to the mall or say a theme park, I have no choice but to let them walk, or carry them when they get tired. They never really liked riding in the stroller, and I hated pushing it around empty, while still having to chase after them.

However, if I take them grocery shopping with me they both go in the cart. This just makes it so much easier and quicker to get the shopping done. I pull them out of the cart when we get to the check out lane, and let them walk to the car, but for the duration of the shopping they ride in the cart.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 2:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• If they were still light enough to lift them up and put them in a cart, they would ride. But I rarely took my kids shopping when they were little. They didn't like to go and if they got fussy,I just left the store and went home. I shopped on nights and weekends when their Daddy could be home with them.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I don't give a shit what anyone else says. I will use a cart and stroller for as long as I damn well please. The age to stop is when YOU'RE READY OP-------screw everyone else.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• my 4 year old DD loves to ride in the cart, so we usually end up getting two because my DF will push out baby in the other and our oldest gets to sit up front...but if im shopping alone then she walks with me and the baby gets the front and she does fine with it...i think when she is 5 or 6 i will probably have her walk or ride in the big basket if we aren't getting a lot.
    mom_on_strike

Answer by mom_on_strike at 2:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I think once the kid is awkward looking it is time to take them out of the cart or stroller, if they can touch the ground with thier feet they should be out of the stroller, If they can no longer just slide into the front of a cart, they are to big. Kids should walk and parents should be teaching thier children to stay close by, if it is done from a very early age it isn't all that hard and they will almost always stay by your side.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 3:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2010