hi mommies, im new here and im a christian. ive seen people refer to our worship of God as playing make believe or having imaginary friends. I found it a little disrespectful. Just wanted to know if this is the norm here, just so I know if i should stay or go.

Nothing against the ones saying it, just that i'm new to worshiping and reading the bible and love it but I dont want to be tempted to lose my faith altogether. Sometimes by reading things or hearing things often can sway some people. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• there's nothing about being new to your faith that makes you week. i agree 100% that Satan will try his hardest right now to sway you away from God. and really, throughout your life. so the best thing would be to stay away from anyone that wants to tell you God doesn't exist or throws questions at you to sway your faith. until you have a strong foundation, you should find a good support for your faith and then when you feel you have that it will be easier to stand up to persecution and the constant questioning. send me a message whenever you want!
    KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 2:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• There are a lot of women here that are very open mouthed about their opinions. Not everyone here is Christian. If you can't handle a lot of different views coming at, probably not the best place to be. If you are worried seeing these comments are going to make you lose your faith, you are already questioning your faith it sounds like.
    Anonymous

• We have a number of religions represented here, if someones opinion of your beliefs is enough to shake your faith, you don't have enough faith in the first place. But yes, it is the norm here for us to be open and honest about our faith and beliefs, even when they don't match those around us.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Christians are bashed on a regular basis here. I got used to it a long time ago!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• OP here. Well, I'm new to the whole bible reading and attending services and I know that when someone is trying to get close to God, that satan will try to lure you away. So, not weak, but new. I came on here for support, i knew there would be other people who are not christians, I just thought that everyone was mature on this site. I see even some of the other christians are a bit on the weird side.
    Anonymous

• If just reading words will sway you from your faith. Your faith is not to strong then to me. Your a little closed minded too. You can not be around other people with other faiths and ideas is crazy to me.

Answer by louise2 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• To me you sound like you doubt your faith to begin with. And you've been here, what.. a day? You've already judged someone yourself by calling them weird and immature. You're just like the rest of us.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 1:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• OP... ppl here have different views of religions all together tho many clash with each other it is still views of another... If you are uncomfortable here then I suggest that you may want to look for a group here on CM that is based on your beliefs with same minded women...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

--------------------------------

OP here. Louise, i already gave my reason. It's not that I cant be around other faiths, i'm around other people all day. I just joined this thinking that i could find some support, i just didnt realize that it would be like this.
    Anonymous

-------------------------------------

Well, i've been here about a week, and i'm not saying that i'm perfect or dont judge, i try not to but sometimes it comes out. Im not talking about people judging though. And yes it is disrespectful to mock ones faith and i think its rude and weird for chrisitians to come down on atheist or pagans just because they are different. But i'd never make fun of or put anyone down because i dont agree w/their beliefs. Like i said before, i am new to bible reading, not weak, just new.
    Anonymous