Why would you use your real name as your screen name?

I've seen some women on here use what looks to be like their first and last name. Why would you do that if you really don't even know these people? JMO

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 1:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It is not a great idea. It is a blog website. So when you google on the internet all this info comes up on your profile name, can you imagine real name? Besides employers and nosy people would do this and get the goods on you. So not a safe idea.
    Anonymous

• I guess before I joined I didn't think anything about it.. I though Oh this is great, a site to get advice and support from other mom's.. I never knew what it REAL:LY was.. or what it really can be I should say.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I think sometimes when people sign up for something like this they don't realize what they will be showing to other people.
    Anonymous

• *thought*
    maxsmom11807

• I use my real name, why not? It is my name after all...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I still dont know a person just by their name. It makes it easier to find you if someone wanted to do that. But then again just using the same "screen name" in multiple places makes it easy to find info on someone too. If I google the screenname of someone & they use it multiple places pretty soon I can get a good idea of who they are, where they live, & sometimes stumble on their name. I do a lot of searches for people as part of a job & believe me, if you are on the net you leave a trial..even if you just use a made up name...because somewhere, your real name is out there & with enough digging it can be found.
    Anonymous

• While I use my first name and last initial in my screen name, no one is going to be able to figure out who I am--since I don't post pictures of myself, and my profile is only viewable by people I consider to be friends--after having had MANY forum and private messages/conversations.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• No body will figure out your last name, so I just didn't see a problem w/ using my first name.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• If people want to know who someone is bad enough they will figure it out so it does not matter if you post your first or last name.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 2:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2010