How am i suppose to tell my parents?

my parents have no clue that im pregnant. and i have no clue how to tell them. So i need advice. Thanks

mballababie15

Asked by mballababie15 at 1:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You blurt it out.

"Mom, Dad.. I'M PREGNANT" = easiest way.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 1:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• well depending on how old you are...is it going to be unexceptable for you parents to hear? I got prego when i was 18 i waited a week b4 i told my parents.They were actually more supportive than angry. I thought they would never speak to me again. Babys are blessings
    Anonymous

• How old are you? If you are a grow adult, you just say "Mom, Dad, You are going to be grandparents.
    But if you are a teen, you still need to tell them. Out right.

Answer by louise2 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• there really is no gentle way to do it, especially if you are young. The easiest way is what abbeyrose said. Just blurt it out.

Anonymous

• Depends how old you are, and if the father is a serious relationship, or just a one nighter???..I got preg when I was 21 and living w/ my boyfriend(now hubby), but I was still scared..You just have to say it, I was a chicken I did it over the phone..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 1:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Leave a note on the fridge - I'm pregnant, your daughter. They will have time to think about it before you have to talk to them.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• how i did it was i went and had 2 bibs personalized that said grandma and grandpa.... they didnt believe it at first but they got used it and now they are happy as can be
    Anonymous

• Well we were trying and everyone knew so at Thanksgiving I stood up and told my dad next year he was going to have one more grandchild at the table. Much to everyone's surprise my brother said actually there will be 2 more! Him and his girlfriend had an unexpected pregnancy and we were actually due 3 days apart! It totally depends on your situation etc.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• anon :02 - That is really cute! I wish I had done that!
    I also think the suggestion by Gailll is good too, if you're young it's nice to give parents time to think it over.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 2:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• With my first, I was not married, I had just turned 19, it was not a one night stand but it wasn't a good relationship, I wasn't living at home (but I did move home before telling them). I wrote them a letter.

With my 2nd, I was still not married, but had just gotten engaged (and we're still married with 4 kids total now - different guy than 1st child). We went to both our folks together (us together) and yeah, just kind of blurted it out - with both. It was easier to tell his folks because they did kind of the same thing - got pregnant, then got married because of it.

So, it really depends on your situation & backstory.
    Anonymous