Obama Administration: Iran Sanctions off the table? Do you agree with this action?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/25/AR2010022502803.html

The United States said on Thursday it does not aim to impose crippling sanctions on Iran but rather to pressure the Iranian government to change course on its nuclear program while protecting ordinary people. "It is not our intent to have crippling sanctions that have... a significant impact on the Iranian people," State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley told reporters. "Our actual intent is... to find ways to pressure the government while protecting the people."

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's a good idea to avoid making the Iranian people miserable, but what exactly DOES the State Department intend to do?

This situation can be compared to a schoolyard where guns are not allowed in the hands of juveniles, but one of the juveniles is about to bring a gun to the schoolyard. All the adults have been asking and encouraging and warning this juvenile NOT to bring the weapon.

Oh, AND this particular juvenile has for YEARS declared his determined intention to SHOOT one of the people in the schoolyard (Israel) dead.

This limp-wristed approach is NOT okay ! Put this together with Obama's failure to support the Iranian citizens during all these months of fighting for their rights, and it looks pretty ugly ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• wgara?
    Anonymous

• wgara?

Lacking Maturity I see. Par for an ANon...  But hey genius, don't care? Then don't answer... Iran psoes a threat to the US and our allies. So it does matter to some of us who worry about the world our children will have.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• you have what some might call tmtoyh.

Anonymous

• I disagree. Personally, I think we should impose sanctions. Then again, I'm no President, I have zero experience with other world leaders, and I have quite a temper.
    Anonymous

• Sanctions are useless - look at Iraq. The problem is nobody has anything Iran (meaning government) wants, aside from glassing Israel and killing everyone in it. Since that's not going to happen, where do you start?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• sorry about sounding ignorant but what is glassing Isreal? or did you mean gassing Isreal and in that case I get it.
    Anonymous

• Glassing Israel = dropping nuclear weapons on every inch of it until the sand turns to glass and there's no life left - something Iran threatens (hollowly or not) to do on a regular basis.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I think people forget that Israel is set on walking the walk with Iran. And the way we have had it set up is Israel walks so does the US. I see a holy war between Israel and Iran with nukes soon and Obama is going to have to make a call he is not qualified in making. Iran is looking forward to obliterating Israel and Obama is going to be responsible if Iran acts on their threats.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Russia refuses sanctions.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:25 AM on Feb. 27, 2010