Gasping....

Sometimes the little one will make a loud gasping noise, it isn't very frequent but I was wondering if any one had dealt with a similar situation and could offer any advice or what their experience was. He is almost 2 months old now, and I FF and BF. It isn't really a particular time it happens (like after a feeding, sleeping, etc.) Just sometimes random. Thanks :)

JennaJ721

Asked by JennaJ721 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• both my kids did that as baby. my ds is 12 mts and he stop doing that around 9 mts. sometimes they forget to breath.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i still do that lol I am going to be asking the doctor but i think moms know better advice due to experience sometimes thanks for the answer
    JennaJ721

Answer by JennaJ721 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Our little girl did that too, when she was almost a newborn like yours. She stopped when she got to about 4 months though and I think it was just her little breathing system working itself out. I think you're baby will be fine, just one of those things. However, it's always good to tell your doctor, as they'll tell you what to look for if you think something is really wrong. Good luck x
    TopBrit

Answer by TopBrit at 8:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• trust me i'm the "list lady" always bringing lists of questions, concerns, and theories to appointments lol from when i was pregnant to anytime a doctor/nurse had to see my little man
    JennaJ721

Answer by JennaJ721 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2010