Why can't i eat meat?

I'm 5 months pregnant and can not eat meat for some odd reason it makes me sick i always want it but after the first bite i get nauseated ready to throw up the greatest thing for me that i never have a problem with is rice and vegetables.
Why is it that i can't a nice steak?!?!

mama2b2428

Asked by mama2b2428 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• try soups. Although I don't eat meat, I could barely stomach anything through the middle of this pregnancy (only 9 days to go!!!). Soups were the only thing I could bear to eat for at least 2 months.

Also, maybe try chicken? you can make this meat pretty plain..
    Anonymous

• It is just the pregnancy. With my son., who is 3, I coldnt eat meat either. It made me so sick and I had such a hard time having to cook it for the others. It will pass and you will, it may be after baby though. Good luck!!
    Nakor21

Answer by Nakor21 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my DS I was the same way I could eat all the pasta in the world but meat(just make sure you are getting protein in other ways)t blah this time around I have been pretty lucky I have actually been craving meat and sweets.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I was like that too when I was pregnant with my son. I even went to a nice restaraunt and ordered a filet mignon ..after first bite, I puked in my napkin right at the table! I was so embarressed. lol. I guess baby just doesnt like meat yet,lol. Hang in there!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2010