answer my question if you please

My son told me last night one of the girls in his dayare (he's 4) likes it when he pees in the air. He said it makes her giggle. I stayed calm and asked where the teacher was when he did that and he said she was in the back room. He is 4 and has a lied abut a few things. I kept asking me if he was telling me stories or telling the truth and he kept saying it happened.

wtf? I'm waiting for the teacher to call back but offhand if your child said this would you believe them immediately or think perhaps they were telling stories?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• weird thin gto lie about - I would def question the teachers
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• well some daycares have open stalls for the potty so the kids can go potty by themselves. maybe she was just watching him pee one day (i'm assuming he pee's standing up) and she thinks it's cool cuz she can't. idk, that's something i would assume, but i would still ask the teacher.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I'm not sure why it would be a big deal if it were true, but I have a girl and boy and they pee and bathe and streak, lol, together all the time... where is your concern exactly? That he's peeing in the air or that he's got a female audience?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I would be concerned that the teacher didnt know this was going on.. as I also dont think girls and boys at that age should be allowed to watch eachother pee. And I wouldnt really think a boy would be lying about that..as they seem to be intrigued and in love with their pee pee at this age.. lol.
    MamaBuggy

Answer by MamaBuggy at 3:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• My daughter is two and in her nursery school, they have one small bathroom and I think they always leave the door open so if the kids need help they can ask. In their set-up I can definitely picture a scenario in which that would happen... It doesn't seem strange to me for two year-olds. I'm having trouble imagining how I would feel if she were four, since we haven't gotten there yet... But very easily I could see him going to the potty, the teacher knowing that he was capable of going by himself and running to get something, the girl occupied elsewhere but then running over by the bathroom... It doesn't sound like a big deal at all to me.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• yeah i wouldnt freak out. i would just explain to your son that he shouldn't have people watch him when he goes to the bathroom...that we do that in private. or something like that at least. i might be more specific and just say that people in his class should not be watching him use the restroom. the only concern i would have for the school, is just to find out if the teacher knew it was happening and what the teacher had to say. i would ask in a concerned manner....i guess.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2010