moms with add...

I was diagnosed in highschool and havent treated since then. I went to the doc yesterday and was prescribed adderall.
Any other mom's on meds for ADD, weather you have been on it a long time, or just a short time.
Share your experiences with me. I am a little nervous.
I will start the med tomorrow.
Thanks

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Health

• I haven't been diagnosed. I was wondring what doc to go to so I can get tested or whatever. I really think I have it. And my family does too. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I HAD ADHD SINCE I WAS LITTLE I KNEW IT BUT WASN'T DIAGNOSED TILL AFTER I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL,I BECAME PREGNANT THEN AND HAD TO STOP TAKING MY ADDERALL BUT I WILL BE GETTING BACK ON IT SOON....I FEEL ADDERALL HAS HELPED SO MUCH IN THE PAST,FOR ME ATLEAST, I USED TO HAVE A MILLION THINGS GOING THROUGH MY HEAD AND WHEN IM ON ADDERALL I CAN PUT EVERYTHING IN PLACE! JUST MAKE SURE YOU TAKE IT IN THE MORNING ,BECUASE IF YOU WAIT YOU WILL BE UP ALL NIGHT! GL XOXO
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• BradenIsMySon - telok to your primary care - I went to a psycatrist.
    My son is also ADHD and he is treated by his ped.
    I know how the med affects him, I just wonder how things will be different as an adult onthe med.
    Thanks!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I have it but always refused meds. At my age, I'm so used to it that I see no reason to change now

Answer by admckenzie at 4:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2010