About EI (Early Intervention)

(This is in Massachusetts)Who believes EI is a great program for kids? My daughter is involved with Early Intervention and it has been helping her so much. But I just found out that due to the economy's downfall, starting April 1st, most people are going to have to start paying, or paying MORE for EI services. This is going to cause EI to lose about 10 million clients. Thats 10 million children that will no longer be recieving the help they need. Plus, EI employees will lose their jobs. The state is proposing increasing family participation fees by approximately 700%. I'm asking all you moms to help me and my family and many other families like myself to help me. Write a letter to the Governer telling him this is not fair and these children need this program. You can write a letter addressed as follows:
(cont'd)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Governer Deval Patrick
    Sate House Room 360
    Boston, MA. 02133

Ron Benham
    Director, Bureau of Family Health and Nutrition
    250 Washington St.
    Boston, MA. 02108

They are also having a "Stroller In' at the Governer's office March 1st from 10am - 11am.
    The letters need to reach the Governer by March 1st. So please ladies, help me and all the other momma's out!! This is a big deal
    Anonymous

• EI is an excellent program. when it is able to handle things but our IE here in wisconsin could not handle my son's autism at all and kicked him out of hte program. BAH.

by cutting funding to this type of program they are going to end up increasing the costs LONG TERM to the american public for these children.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Sad I'm so glad we had EI when my DD was little. Jeez all those poor kids who really need help won't be getting it : ( makes me really sad. This is one program that should not be cut.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 3:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2010